Welcome to https://dapp.usecyan.com/, a website-hosted user interface (the ”Interface” or ”App”) provided by Cyan (”we”, ”our”, or ”us”). The Interface provides access to a decentralized protocol on the Ethereum blockchain that allows users to trade certain digital assets (”the Cyan protocol” or the ”Protocol”). The Interface is one, but not the exclusive, means of accessing the Protocol.
This Terms of Service Agreement (the ”Agreement”) explains the terms and conditions by which you may access and use the Interface. You must read this Agreement carefully. By accessing or using the Interface, you signify that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by this Agreement in its entirety. If you do not agree, you are not authorized to access or use the Interface and should not use the Interface.
Please read this Agreement carefully as it governs your use of the Interface. This Agreement contains important information, including a binding arbitration provision and a class action waiver, both of which impact your rights as to how disputes are resolved. The Interface is only available to you — and you should only access the Interface — if you agree completely with these terms. You are responsible for checking our website periodically in order to review the current version of the Agreement. Please contact us if you have any questions.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify this Agreement from time to time. If we make any modifications, we will notify you by updating the date at the top of the Agreement and by maintaining a current version of the Agreement at this current link. All modifications will be effective when they are posted, and your continued accessing or use of the Interface will serve as confirmation of your acceptance of those modifications. If you do not agree with any modifications to this Agreement, you must immediately stop accessing and using the Interface.
To access or use the Interface, you must be able to form a legally binding contract with us. Accordingly, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your jurisdiction (e.g., eighteen years old) and have the full right, power, and authority to enter into and comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement on behalf of yourself and any company or legal entity for which you may access or use the Interface.
You further represent that you are not (a) the subject of economic or trade sanctions administered or enforced by any governmental authority or otherwise designated on any list of prohibited or restricted parties (including but not limited to the list maintained by the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the U.S. Department of the Treasury) or (b) a citizen, resident, or organized in a jurisdiction or territory that is the subject of comprehensive country-wide, territory-wide, or regional economic sanctions by the United States. Finally, you represent that your access and use of the Interface will fully comply with all applicable laws and regulations and that you will not access or use the Interface to conduct, promote, or otherwise facilitate any illegal activity.
We own all intellectual property and other rights in the Interface and its contents, including (but not limited to) software, text, images, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, patents, and designs. Unlike the Interface, versions 1-3 of the Cyan protocol are comprised entirely of open-source or source-available software running on the public Ethereum blockchain.
We reserve the following rights, which do not constitute obligations of ours: (a) with or without notice to you, to modify, substitute, eliminate or add to the Interface; (b) to review, modify, filter, disable, delete and remove any and all content and information from the Interface; and (c) to cooperate with any law enforcement, court or government investigation or order or third party requesting or directing that We disclose information or content or information that you provide.
When you use the Interface, the only information we collect from you is your blockchain wallet address, completed transaction hashes, and the token names, symbols, or other blockchain identifiers of the tokens that you swap. We do not collect any personal information from you (e.g., your name or other identifiers that can be linked to you). We do, however, use third-party service providers, like Alchemy, Cloudflare, and Google Analytics, which may receive or independently obtain your personal information from publicly-available sources. We do not control how these third parties handle your data and you should review their privacy policies to understand how they collect, use, and share your personal information. In particular, please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites to learn more about how Google uses data. By accessing and using the Interface, you understand and consent to our data practices and service providers’ treatment of your information.
We use the information we collect to detect, prevent, and mitigate financial crime and other illicit or harmful activities on the Interface. For these purposes, we may share the information we collect with blockchain analytics providers. We share information with these service providers only so that they can help us promote the safety, security, and integrity of the Interface. We do not retain the information we collect any longer than necessary for these purposes. Please note that when you use the Interface, you are interacting with the Ethereum blockchain, which provides transparency to your transactions. Cyan does not control and is not responsible for any information you make public on the Ethereum blockchain by taking actions through the Interface.
You agree not to engage in or attempt to engage in any of the following categories of prohibited activities in relation to your access and use of the Interface:
- Intellectual Property Infringement. Activity that infringes on or violates any copyright, trademark, service mark, patent, right of publicity, right of privacy, or other proprietary or intellectual property rights under the law.
- Cyberattack. Activity that seeks to interfere with or compromise the integrity, security, or proper functioning of any computer, server, network, personal device, or other information technology system, including (but not limited to) the deployment of viruses and denial of service attacks.
- Fraud and Misrepresentation. Activity that seeks to defraud us or any other person or entity, including (but not limited to) providing any false, inaccurate, or misleading information in order to unlawfully obtain the property of another.
- Market Manipulation. Activity that violates any applicable law, rule, or regulation concerning the integrity of trading markets, including (but not limited to) the manipulative tactics commonly known as spoofing and wash trading.
- Securities and Derivatives Violations. Activity that violates any applicable law, rule, or regulation concerning the trading of securities or derivatives. Any Other Unlawful Conduct. Activity that violates any applicable law, rule, or regulation of the United States or another relevant jurisdiction, including (but not limited to) the restrictions and regulatory requirements imposed by U.S. law.
We are not registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as a national securities exchange or in any other capacity. You understand and acknowledge that we do not broker trading orders on your behalf nor do we collect or earn fees from your trades on the Protocol. We also do not facilitate the execution or settlement of your trades, which occur entirely on the public distributed Ethereum blockchain.
You agree and understand that all trades you submit through the Interface are considered unsolicited, which means that you have not received any investment advice from us in connection with any trades, including those you place via our Auto Router API, and that we do not conduct a suitability review of any trades you submit. All information provided by the Interface is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice. You should not take, or refrain from taking, any action based on any information contained in the Interface. We do not make any investment recommendations to you or opine on the merits of any investment transaction or opportunity. You alone are responsible for determining whether any investment, investment strategy, or related transaction is appropriate for you based on your personal investment objectives, financial circumstances, and risk tolerance.
The Interface is provided on an ”AS IS” and ”AS AVAILABLE” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim any representations and warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, or statutory, including (but not limited to) the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. You acknowledge and agree that your Interface use is at your own risk. We do not represent or warrant that access to the Interface will be continuous, uninterrupted, timely, or secure; that the information contained in the Interface will be accurate, reliable, complete, or current; or that the Interface will be free from errors, defects, viruses, or other harmful elements. No advice, information, or statement that we make should be treated as creating any warranty concerning the Interface. We do not endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any advertisements, offers, or statements made by third parties concerning the Interface.
The Interface is a non-custodial application, meaning you are solely responsible for the custody of the cryptographic private keys to the digital asset wallets you hold. This Agreement is not intended to, and does not, create or impose any fiduciary duties on us. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you acknowledge and agree that we owe no fiduciary duties or liabilities to you or any other party and that to the extent any such duties or liabilities may exist at law or in equity, those duties and liabilities are hereby irrevocably disclaimed, waived, and eliminated. You further agree that the only duties and obligations that we owe you are those set out expressly in this Agreement.
The Interface is operated from facilities within the United States. The Interface may not be available or appropriate for use in other jurisdictions. By accessing or using the Interface, you agree that you are solely and entirely responsible for compliance with all laws and regulations that may apply to you.
By accessing and using the Interface, you represent that you are financially and technically sophisticated enough to understand the inherent risks associated with using cryptographic and blockchain-based systems and that you have a working knowledge of the usage and intricacies of digital assets such as bitcoin (BTC), ether (ETH), and other digital tokens such as those following the Ethereum Token Standard (ERC-20). In particular, you understand that blockchain-based transactions are irreversible.
You further understand that the markets for these digital assets are highly volatile due to factors including (but not limited to) adoption, speculation, technology, security, and regulation. You acknowledge and accept that the cost and speed of transacting with cryptographic and blockchain-based systems such as Ethereum are variable and may increase dramatically at any time. You further acknowledge and accept the risk that your digital assets may lose some or all of their value while they are supplied to the Protocol through the Interface, you may suffer a loss due to the fluctuation of prices of NFTs.
You further acknowledge that we are not responsible for any of these variables or risks, do not own or control the Protocol, and cannot be held liable for any resulting losses that you experience while accessing or using the Interface. Accordingly, you understand and agree to assume full responsibility for all of the risks of accessing and using the Interface to interact with the Protocol.
The Interface may contain references or links to third-party resources, including (but not limited to) information, materials, products, or services, that we do not own or control. In addition, third parties may offer promotions related to your access and use of the Interface. We do not endorse or assume any responsibility for any such resources or promotions. If you access any such resources or participate in any such promotions, you do so at your own risk, and you understand that this Agreement does not apply to your dealings or relationships with any third parties. You expressly relieve us of any and all liability arising from your use of any such resources or participation in any such promotions.
You expressly agree that you assume all risks in connection with your access and use of the Interface and your interaction with the Protocol. You further expressly waive and release us from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, or damages arising from or in any way relating to your use of the Interface and your interaction with the Protocol. If you are a California resident, you waive the benefits and protections of California Civil Code § 1542, which provides: ”[a] general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.”
You agree to hold harmless, release, defend, and indemnify us and our officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, affiliates, and subsidiaries from and against all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from (a) your access and use of the Interface; (b) your violation of any term or condition of this Agreement, the right of any third party, or any other applicable law, rule, or regulation; and (c) any other party’s access and use of the Interface with your assistance or using any device or account that you own or control.
Under no circumstances shall we or any of our officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, affiliates, or subsidiaries be liable to you for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including (but not limited to) damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible property, arising out of or relating to any access or use of the Interface, nor will we be responsible for any damage, loss, or injury resulting from hacking, tampering, or other unauthorized access or use of the Interface or the information contained within it. We assume no liability or responsibility for any:
(a) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content;
(b) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from any access or use of the Interface;
(c) unauthorized access or use of any secure server or database in our control, or the use of any information or data stored therein;
(d) interruption or cessation of function related to the Interface;
(e) bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like that may be transmitted to or through the Interface;
(f) errors or omissions in, or loss or damage incurred as a result of the use of, any content made available through the Interface; and
(g) the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party. Under no circumstances shall we or any of our officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, affiliates, or subsidiaries be liable to you for any claims, proceedings, liabilities, obligations, damages, losses, or costs in an amount exceeding the amount you paid to us in exchange for access to and use of the Interface, or USD$100.00, whichever is greater. This limitation of liability applies regardless of whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other basis, and even if we have been advised of the possibility of such liability. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of certain liabilities and damages. Accordingly, some of the disclaimers and limitations set forth in this Agreement may not apply to you. This limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We will use our best efforts to resolve any potential disputes through informal, good-faith negotiations. If a potential dispute arises, you must contact us by sending an email to [email protected] so that we can attempt to resolve it without resorting to formal dispute resolution. If we aren’t able to reach an informal resolution within sixty days of your email, then you and we both agree to resolve the potential dispute according to the process set forth below.
Any claim or controversy arising out of or relating to the Interface, this Agreement, or any other acts or omissions for which you may contend that we are liable, including (but not limited to) any claim or controversy as to arbitrability (”Dispute”), shall be finally and exclusively settled by arbitration under the JAMS Optional Expedited Arbitration Procedures. You understand that you are required to resolve all Disputes by binding arbitration. The arbitration shall be held on a confidential basis before a single arbitrator, who shall be selected pursuant to JAMS rules. The arbitration will be held in Singapore unless you and we both agree to hold it elsewhere. Unless we agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate your claims with those of any other party. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
You must bring any and all Disputes against us in your individual capacity and not as a plaintiff in or member of any purported class action, collective action, private attorney general action, or other representative proceeding. This provision applies to class arbitration. You and we both agree to waive the right to demand a trial by jury.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to all applicable laws and regulations, including (but not limited to), Seychelles law and regulation, FSA's rules applicable to an FSA, as well as the articles, by-laws, rules and regulations, and any other applicable regulatory, self-regulatory or governmental authority requirements ("Applicable Law"). We will not be liable to you for any action, inaction, decision, or ruling made pursuant to Applicable Law. We may also take or omit any action that we consider reasonable to comply with Applicable Law. Any reference to a person in these Terms and Conditions shall include bodies corporate, unincorporated associations, trusts, partnerships, and individuals.
This Agreement and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with this Agreement are governed by and construed in accordance with Seychelles law. The courts of Seychelles have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute arising from or connected with this Agreement (including a dispute relating to the existence, validity, or termination of this Agreement or the consequences of their nullity or any non-contractual obligation arising out of or in connection with this Agreement).
This Schedule sets out the specific terms that will apply to you when interacting with cryptoassets on the Interface. The terms in this Schedule apply to you in addition to the General Terms and Conditions. Capitalized words in this Schedule will have the same meaning which is given to those words in the General Terms and Conditions. If a term of this Schedule conflicts with or differs from a term in the General Terms and Conditions, this Schedule will apply.
A. Our cryptoassets Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL), Pawn, and Vault services
- A "cryptoasset" is a type of decentralized digital currency or asset which is not issued by any central bank or issuer. Technological encryption techniques are used to produce units of the currency or asset and verify the transfer of units between owners of the cryptoasset.
- Cyan will act as a facilitator and agent for purchasing or pawning your cryptoasset over a period of time. The cryptoassets that Cyan offers may change from time to time. To view what services are offered on our Interface, visit our website or please visit our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrcXpjWfwA0u6AQppmNKVqA
- The BNPL service provides a way to claim an NFT now and make cryptoasset transfers over time to fully own the NFT. You will find an NFT you wish to purchase and paste the URL into our interface, which will value the cryptoasset. You will then set the length of the cryptoasset transfer period.
- The Pawn service provides a way to receive some amount of cryptoassets in exchange for pledging an NFT you own.
- The Vault service provides a way to stake your cryptoassets into a smart contract that directs the cryptoassets to fund BNPL and Pawn activities. You may choose from a variety of NFT categories, such as ‘Blue Chip Profile-Pictures’ and ‘Digital Land’ to stake cryptoassets
B. Investor protection and compensation
- Since cryptoassets markets are decentralized and non-regulated, our cryptoassets service is an unregulated service that is not governed by certain regulatory frameworks. This means that no central bank can issue more currency or take corrective measures to protect the value of cryptoassets in a crisis.
- As cryptoassets are unregulated, when you use our cryptoassets service you will not benefit from the protections available to clients receiving regulated investment services.
C. Limitations to our cryptoassets service
- The Interface is not an exchange or a market. This means that you can only enter into cryptoasset transactions with us on the Interface, and not with third parties.
D. Transfer of cryptoassets
- Where you acquire certain types of cryptoassets on our Interface, we allow you to transfer your cryptoassets to a wallet (the "Wallet”).
E. Limitation on liability
- Cryptoassets are highly speculative assets that rely on a number of external variables for their existence and value. As a result, there are a number of additional risks and liabilities that you will be exposed to when trading cryptoassets. This paragraph sets out a number of these liabilities and explains the circumstances under which we will not be liable for any losses, costs, or expenses that you suffer subject to Applicable Law.
- We are not liable to you where you suffer a loss, cost, or expense as a result of:
- any delay or change in market conditions before an order is executed or before a transaction settles;
- any delay or interruptions caused by any computer viruses, spyware, scareware, Trojan horses, worms, or other malware that may affect your computer or other equipment, any cyber-attack, or any phishing, spoofing, or other attacks. We advise the regular use of reputable and readily available virus screening and prevention software. You should also be aware that SMS and email services are vulnerable to spoofing and phishing attacks and should use care in reviewing messages purporting to originate from us;
- any loss caused by theft, robbery, burglary, or other criminal taking if a computer, computer system, computer software program, malicious code, computer virus or process, or any other electronic system is used to perform such acts;
- any loss of any kind resulting from any communication failures, disruptions, errors, distortions, or delays you may experience when using the Interface, regardless of how they are caused;
- any loss resulting from a network failure of a cryptoasset's cryptographic protocol; any loss caused by a custodian and/or by any third party;
- any lost profits or damages that are caused by or are connected to the unauthorized use of the Interface or services, even where we or one of our representatives knew or should reasonably have known about the possibility of such damages; and
- any loss of any kind, from action taken in reliance on material or information, contained on the Interface or websites and/or on the blockchain systems.
- We also do not promise or guarantee that:
- the Interface, and the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or errors, that its content is accurate, that it will be uninterrupted, or that defects will be corrected;
- the service will be available at all times;
- access to our website, any part of the services, our terms, and other information provided by us or any part of our services will be continuous, uninterrupted, timely, or error-free; or
- historical cryptoasset price data available on the Interface is accurate and/or complete. *
- The services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or warranty, whether express, implied, or statutory. To the maximum extent permitted by Applicable Law, specifically disclaims any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and/or non-infringement.
Updated about 1 year ago